- 2014-2009 Ph.D in Geoscience
University of Bremen, Germany
- 2009-2007 Master in Atmospheric Science
University of Alabama in Huntsville, USA
- 2007-2003 Bachelor in Atmospheric Science
Nanjing Institute of Meteology, China
- Zhang, X., Prange, M., Merkel, U. and Schulz, M. (2015): Spatial fingerprint and magnitude of changes in the Atlantic meridional overturning circulation during Marine Isotope Stage 3. Geophysical Research Letters, 42, 1903–1911.
- Zhang, X., Prange, M., Merkel, U. and Schulz, M. (2014) Instability of the Atlantic overturning circulation during Marine Isotope Stage 3. Geophysical Research Letters, 41, doi:10.1002/2014GL060321.
- Zhang X., M. Prange, S. Steph, M. Butzin, U. Krebs, D. Lunt, K. H. Nisancioglu, W. Park, A. Schmittner, B. Schneider, M. Schulz (2012) Changes in equatorial Pacific thermocline depth in response to Panamanian Seaway closure: Insights from a multi-model study. Earth and Planetary Science Letters., 317-318, 76-84.
- Mohtadi, M., M. Prange, D. W. Oppo, R. De Pol-Holz, U. Merkel, X. Zhang, S. Steinke, and A. Lückge (2014) North Atlantic forcing of tropical Indian Ocean climate. Nature, 509, 76-80.
- Handiani, D., A. Paul, M. Prange, U. Merkel, L. Dupont, and X. Zhang (2013) Tropical vegetation response to Heinrich Event 1 as simulated with the UVic ESCM and CCSM3, Climate of the Past, 9, 1683-1696.