How to activate a fire, explosion or intoxication hazard alarm
- Activate fire alarm box in the corridors, or dial 9-1111 (internal) or 112 (external), communicate precise fire or hazard location and describe the incident.
- Then notify the University Control Central via phone number 07.
- Notify MARUM fire safety assistants
- Start firefighting with available fire extinguishers (see right column), but keep your own safety!
- Activate the heat and smoke removal system by push-button.
- In case of burning electrical devices cut power supply by pushing emergency shutdown switch.
- In case of emissions of hazardous substances leave room at once and close doors.
- Lead approaching fire squads to the scene.
Building evacuation in case of fire alarm
- At the sound of an alarm /megaphone or emergency notification (including alarm drill) stop your work at once and advance to official gathering points: MARUM 1+2 assembles next to the bicycle stands (Leobener Straße) of the UFT and MARUM.
- Close room doors, but don't lock them! Never use elevators!
- Not reacting persons must be alerted and prompted to leave the building. Help disoriented, injured or handicapped persons to escape.
- Identify safe escape ways and then leave the building calmly.
- Possible escape routes lead over corridors and stair cases, or over lateral fire escape doors and stairs, or over room windows and emergency exit balconies.
- If none of the escape routes are accessible, close doors and make yourself noticed (by phone call, shouts, waving) until you are rescued by the fire fighters.
- After arrival at the gathering place, identify your room mates and group members and report missing persons
- During alarm conditions, any return into the building is prohibited. Reentering is only admitted after clearance by fire service and university management.
- Salvage of material goods is only admitted if no human lives are endangered and lifesaving and firefighting are not impeded.
Rules of conduct in dangerous situations due to violent actors
- Any evidence of acts of violence on campus (killing spree, hostage-taking, shootout, terror) is signalized by a telephone general alarm with special acoustic signal and text display "Danger! Stay in the room!"
- At direct threat, run for cover! Don't expose yourself to danger!
Lock room doors, hide behind walls, stay clear of windows!
- Avoid provoking the attacker. Leave all intervention to the police.
- Stay and wait under cover until all-clear signal is given! Open doors only to the police.
- If you can provide own observation or information regarding acts or actors of violence on the campus, please make an emergency call (9-1111) and notify the police.
University of Bremen
(first aid, fire, accident)
Phone: 9 - 1111
Germany and EU
(first aid, fire, accident)
University Control Central
Office: 07 (emergency)
Mobile: 0421 - 218 -07
Gathering point MARUM
Next to the bicycle stands (Leobener Straße) of the UFT and MARUM.
Powder fire extinguishers
can be found on all corridors adjacent to the elevators and next to the diving doors of the building sections.
CO2 Fire extinguishers
for residue-free application are located in many computer facilities and laboratories.
with pressure hoses are located in wall cabinets beside MARUM I + II elevators.