More Informations about me and my research work ...
Bartzke, G. Schmeeckle, M. and Huhn, K. (2017), Understanding heavy mineral enrichment using a 3D numerical model, Sedimentology, 65(2), 561-581.
Bartzke, G. Huhn, K. and Bryan, R.K. (2017), A computational investigation of the interstitial flow induced by a variably thick blanket of very fine sand covering a coarse sand bed, Geo-Marine Letters, 37(5), 457-474.
Bartzke, G. Podszun, L. and Huhn, K. (2016), On the role of fluid infiltration into gravel dunes - Using a 3D numerical model, Marine Geology, 380, 231-244.
Bartzke, G. Kuhlmann, J. and Huhn, K. (2016), Flow above and within granular media composed of spherical and non-spherical particles - using a 3D numerical model, Continental Shelf Research, 117, 67-80.
Staudt, F. Bartzke, G. and Huhn, K. (2016), A numerical micro-scale model of the flow inside a sediment matrix. In: Proceedings of the 7th International Short Course/Conference on Applied Coastal Research (SCACR2015). IAHR, Florence, Italy.
Bartzke, G. and Huhn, K. (2015), A conceptual model of pore-space blockage in mixed sediments using a new numerical approach, with implications for sediment bed stabilization, Geo-Marine Letters, 35(3), 189-202.
Bartzke, G. Podszun, L. and Huhn, K. (2014), On the role of fluid infiltration on bedform evolution. Coastal Engineering Proceedings, 1(34), sediment.29.
Bartzke, G. Bryan, R.K. Pilditch, C. and Huhn, K. (2013), On the stabilizing influence on silt on sand beds, Journal of Sedimentary Research, 83(8), 691-703.
Bartzke, G. and Huhn, K. (2012), A Numerical Approach to Quantify Selective Sorting of Heavy-Mineral Assemblages. In: Sorial, G. and Hong, J. (Eds.): Environmental Science and Technology, Vol. 2. American Science Press, Houston, USA, pp. 378-384. ISBN: 9780976885344.
PhD Thesis: Bartzke, G. (2013), Micro Scale Sediment-Fluid Interactions, http://nbn-resolving.de/ urn:nbn:de:gbv:46-00103388-10.
Selected National and International Conference Attendances (until now)
- SPH 2016, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
- EGU 2016, European Geosciences Union General Assembly, Vienna, Austria
- INTERCOAST, workshop 2016, University of Waikato, Tauranga, New
- CFDEM 2015, training workshop, Linz, Austria
- EGU 2015, European Geosciences Union General Assembly, Vienna, Austria
- CoastDoc 2014, Bremen, Germany - Host and Organizer
- ICCE 2014, International Conference on Coastal Engineering, Seoul, Korea
- EGU 2014, European Geosciences Union General Assembly, Vienna, Austria
- DGG 2014, Jahrestagung der Deutschen Geophysikalische Gesellschaft, Karlsruhe, Germany
- CoastDoc 2013, Hannover, Germany
- SPLASHCOS 2013, Under The Sea: Archeology And Palaeolandscapes Conference, Szczecin, Poland
- SPH 2013, workshop, Manchester, England
- ICCE 2012, International Conference on Coastal Engineering, Santander, Spain
(Awarded poster presentation: outstanding poster award, 2nd place)
- EST 2012, International Conference of Environmental Science and Technology, Houston, USA
- INTERCOAST, workshop, 2012, Universität Bremen, Germany
- DGG 2011, Jahrestagung der Deutschen Geophysikalische Gesellschaft, Köln, Germany
- Coastal Marine Seminar Series II, 2011, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- INTERCOAST, workshop, 2011, Universität Bremen, Germany
- Cluster Conference 2011, Universität Bremen, Germany
- INTERCOAST, workshop 2010, University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand
Selected Expeditions and Research Activities
|January 2017||Promotion of the MARUM and the Universität Bremen, at the Openship event of the RV Sonne, Auckland, New Zealand|
|April 2016||Representation of the MARUM and the Universität Bremen at the EGU conference, Vienna|
|October - November 2014||Research stay at the Arizona State University (ASU), USA at the School of Geographical Sciences and Urban Planning|
|May 2014||Organization and hosting of the 4th International COASTDOC conference (hosted in 2014 at the Universität Bremen, Germany)|
|June 2013||School project in collaboration with the primary school – Grundschule am Baumschulenweg, Bremen, Germany|
|March 2013||RV Poseidon P451-2 cruise, Shipboard training on RV Poseidon in the Gulf of Cádiz, Spain|
|April - September 2011||Seven months research stay in New Zealand at the University of Waikato, Hamilton|
|February - April 2010||Tree months research stay in New Zealand at the University of Waikato, Hamilton|
|Further expeditions||Geodynamics of the Central Swiss Alps (CH); Exploration Geology (D); Profiling the Alps (CH, A, D, I ); Zermatt: Geology und Mineralogy (CH); Palaeontology of the Northern Kalkalps (A, D); Mapping Expedition to near Oslo (N); Mapping Expedition Crossing the Hunsrück (D), Mapping expedition near Montpellier (F); Internship at the German Geological Survey, Dep. of Georisks, Munich (D)|
Selected Expert Courses
|2010 – Until now||CFD and DEM Simulations in Geosciences, Waves, Tides and Shallow – Water Processes, Research Funding and Career Development, Statistical Methods in Geosciences, Scientific writing for natural scientists, GMT & Arc GIS, Python, Fortran, Matlab, Cuda, C++, Science Communication in Times of PowerPoint, OpenFoam and LIGGGTHS, FLAC and PFC, and SPH in Use|