Bremen Ocean Day allows 500 schoolchildren to immerse themselves in the ocean and modern marine research. Bremen researchers report on their work, their latest findings and the joys and pitfalls of research life. They explain why exploring the oceans is not only incredibly exciting but at least as important.
- Prof. Dr. Nicole Dubilier from the Max Planck Institute for Marine Microbiology reports on hot springs in the deep sea.
- Dr. Nicolas Nowald from MARUM - Center for Marine Environmental Sciences, University of Bremen talks about remote-controlled diving robots.
- Prof. Dr. Andrea Koschinsky-Fritsche from Constructor University explains the opportunities and risks of deep-sea mining.
There will also be an interview with university students and the opportunity to ask questions.
- When? 27.02.2024, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Where? Lecture hall building of the University of Bremen
Registration for SEK II courses is possible until 12.01.2024.