Dr. Alessio Rovere
- March 2014 – current Junior Research Group Leader, ‘Sea Level and Coastal Changes’. MARUM (Center for Marine Environmental Sciences, University of Bremen) & ZMT (Leibniz Center for tropical marine ecology), Germany
- April 2014 – present Adjunct Associate Research Scientist, Lamont Doherty Earth Observatory, Columbia University, NY, USA
- February 2012 – March 2014 Postdoctoral research scientist, Lamont Doherty Earth Observatory, Columbia University, New York, USA. P.O. Box 1000, 61 Route 9W, Palisades, NY 10964
- Since 19/12/2013 Italian Habilitation (Abilitazione Scientifica Nazionale, ASN) as ‘Associate Professor’ (II Fascia) obtained for the subject ‘Applied Geology, Physical Geography and Geomorphology’ (04/A3) by the Italian Ministry for Teaching, University and Research (MIUR)
- Jan 2008 – Dec 2010 University of Genoa – Italy – Department for the Study of Territory and its resources. European PhD in Marine Sciences. Dissertation April 2011. Award date: 30/06/2011
- Feb 2004 – Jul 2006 University of Genoa – Italy – Department for the Study of the territory and its resources. MSc in Marine Environmental Sciences
- Sept 2000 – Feb 2004 University of Genoa – Italy – Department for the Study of the territory and its resources. BSc in Environmental sciences
- Nov – Dec 2010 University of Western Australia, Perth, Centre for Offshore Foundation Systems (in collaboration with Shell Australia). Visiting PhD student.
- Apr – Jul 2010 Brunel University, West London–UK, Institute for the Environment. Visiting PhD student.
- Sept – Oct 2010 / Sept – Oct 2009 University of the Aegean & Natural History Museum of the Petrified Forest, Lesvos (Greece). Visiting PhD student.
- Mar – Jun 2004 Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria – España. ERASMUS student exchange Project.
- Nov 2016 PhD Course: Paleo Sea Level Changes: Eustasy, Tectonics, Isostasy. GLOMAR PhD School, MARUM, University of Bremen
- Nov 2014 PhD Course: Paleo Sea Level Changes: Eustasy, Tectonics, Isostasy. GLOMAR PhD School, MARUM, University of Bremen
- Oct 2014 MSc field course ‘Carbonate Sedimentology’, with Prof. Hildegard Westphal, University of Bremen
- Oct – Nov 2011 Lecturer at the seminar course “Techniques in environmental monitoring” for high school students (Imperia, Italy).
- Nov 2011 Series of lectures (MSc level): “Use of GIS in the assessment of coastal and marine landscapes”, with theory classes and practical exercises. Course of Ecology of seascapes, held by Prof. Carlo Nike Bianchi, University of Genoa, Italy
- Sept 2011 FOR–Mare association - University of Pavia (Italy). Lecturer at the summer stage for MSc students “Experimental ecology and geobotany”
- 2008 – 2010 DIPTERIS Teaching assistant for the course “Principles of geomorphology” (BSc level), Prof. Marco Firpo, University of Genoa, Italy
- Jan – Apr 2008 University tutor in Earth and Environmental sciences (MSc level). University of Genoa, Italy
- May 2008; Apr 2007; Nov 2005; Apr 2005; Apr 2005 Seminars for MSc students in Environmental Sciences, University of Genoa, Italy
- Oct 2016 – current Maren Bender, PhD student, Holocene sea-level changes in Southeast Asia
- Oct 2014 – current Thomas Lorscheid, PhD student, Last interglacial shorelines in the Mediterranean and North–Central Atlantic
- Nov 2014 – Dec 2016 Dr. Daniel Harris, Postdoctoral researcher. Hydrodynamics in coral reefs and sea level changes. Now lecturer at the University of Queensland.
- Nov 2015 – Nov 2016 Alexander Janßen, research assistant. GIS and databases of paleo sea level changes.
- Dec 2015 –Jun 2016 Supervisor of the MSc thesis: “Involvement of coral shapes in reef structural complexity”. Candidate: Carl Grellet–Munoz, in collaboration with EPHE, France.
- Oct 2015 – Aug 2016 Supervisor of the MSc thesis: “Short and medium term coastal changes in Keta (Ghana) – local views and interpretations”. Candidate: Katarina Trstenjak.
- Mar 2010 Supervisor of the BSc thesis: “Maldivian reefs: geomorphological and environmental characteristics”. Candidate: Giorgia Russo.
- Feb 2006 Supervisor of the BSc thesis: “Valutazione degli effetti della pesca del dattero di mare (Lithophaga lithophaga) sulla tessitura dei clasti al piede della falesia”. Candidate: Stefano Bellati
- Student assistants Jan Drechsel; Stephen McLauren Lee (University of Bremen)