I am a geoscientist working on past sea-level changes and on the effects of current sea-level changes on modern coastal environments. The focus of my research is understanding sea-level changes in the past (from pliocene to holocene) through the observation of past sea level indicators and comparing with earth models to understand the magnitude of eustics, isostatic and tectonic processes. I have a parallel interest in modern coastal environments, where I investigate coastal erosion, extreme wave events, interactions between ecological and geological processes and trajectories of coastlines and nearshore environments under changing climates and sea levels.
- ERC Starting Grant WARMCOASTS
- Leader of PALSEA Working group (PAGES-INQUA)
- Head of the Sea level and Coastal changes group
- Adjunct Research Scientist, Lamont Doherty Earth Observatory, Columbia University, NY, USA
- Editor, Climate of the Past